Blogs > N-H Fantasy Sports

News-Herald Assistant Sports Editor Kevin Kleps doesn’t just write headlines and stories. He also checks on his fantasy sports teams. A lot. See if the moves and news from the world of sports affect your fantasy teams.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fantasy football: Admitting I was wrong about Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush was out to get me. I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if my name was Kris Humphries.

I wrote this seemingly innocent blog on Sept. 16, never thinking the former Mr. Kim Kardashian would come back to strike me a second time.

Sunday, it happened.

Bush rushed for 203 yards on 25 carries in the Dolphins' win over the Bills, which is all the more remarkable when you consider he had never rushed for more than 581 yards in a season prior to 2011.

He also scored a game-clinching touchdown Sunday with a 76-yard run. At that point, I knew I was as done as Humphries' reality television career.

If you read the blog above, you'll see Bush's first big game this season occurred following a draft in which I criticized my brother's selection of Bush with the first pick of the fifth-round in a 12-team league.

Sunday, in the final four of that league's postseason, I faced my brother.

You know the rest.

Bush has now rushed for 973 yards, caught 41 passes for 270 yards and scored seven times. He has three consecutive 100-yard games on the ground -- a sentence I never thought I would write in this space.

In Weeks 13 through 15 -- the regular-season finale, the first round of the playoffs and the semifinals, respectively, in most fantasy leagues -- Bush has 61 carries for 406 yards and two TDs. He has six receptions, and he's averaged 146.3 total yards per contest in that span.

He has produced those numbers after a season in which the Saints gave up on him. Bush was traded to the Dolphins after playing in eight games, rushing for 150 yards, catching 34 passes and reaching the end zone once last season.

It still seems like a crazy draft pick -- the 49th overall selection on a player who was set to share carries with a highly routed rookie (Daniel Thomas).

My brother got the last laugh. And a berth in the championship game.

I received the Kris Humphries treatment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home